Thursday, April 30, 2015

5000 Books

Recently I downloaded my 5000th book to my Kindle eReader on my laptop. That's a whole lot of books. I have read over a hundred of them. Got a long way to go. Normally I read maybe a book or two a month. There are maybe another hundred or so must read books on my computer. So time to step up my game.

Most of these books were downloaded for free from Amazon. I use this web site to find the best free books available. Sometimes I get credits through Amazon Prime that allows me to download a book for free. And sometimes I just find free books on my own.

I do buy books. However those are mostly print books. Sometimes I will buy an eBook. But I usually read those as PDF files instead of a Kindle version. I was starting to get worried about all these eBooks. Suppose each eBook retails for $2,99. That would place my collection at a retail value of almost $15k. That's a lot of eMoney.

Recently I decided to back up my eBook collection to DVD. Luckily it all fit onto one DVD. Now I can get a new computer and copy my collection onto it even if my laptop hard drive crashes. I guess I could also download each title from Amazon separately. Hopefully I could do that without incurring additional costs since I already "bought" the books.

In my spare time, I plan on creating some sort of program to organize all these electronic books. Currently I am sorting them into high level ratings between 1 and 10. But I have only done that for the most recent one thousand books or so.

No comments: