Friday, April 3, 2015

Vacation Begins

Vacation finally arrived. We arrived early at the airport. We were sitting there at the gate for over two hours. A guy from the airlines motioned for me to come over to the desk. He asked if I was with my family. I said yes. He gave me some pre-board passes to go to the front of the line during plane boarding. Sweet.

When I got on board, there were some flight attendants talking. I waited near the door of the plane. Then one of the attendants walked down the row a little bit. He spent a long time trying to get a back in the overhead. I decided to move to the next row. I could not get by him. The dude got rude and told me to wait. I said okay. After struggling for a while, he got the bag in and repeated that I needed to wait. I shrugged and said what do you want me to do? I was waiting. He then directed me to my seat.

Little Kat was disappointed that since we got the pre-board passes, we sat in the same row with him in the middle. Momoko and I liked it because we were the first people to leave the plan at our destination. When I got in the airport, I went to the rental car place because our plane was late. I was happy to find that they rented me a Toyota Sienna minivan. I thought we would only get a Dodge Caravan.

We used Little Kat's phone for navigation. At one point, the phone instructed me to turn right on the ramp. How vague. Momoko hand carried a letter that Kit Kat received back at home. Kit Kat started her vacation a week earlier. And we met her at grandma's. Kit Kat got a grant for around $4000 per year. Unfortunately that is just a dent in her expensive four year university costs each year.

No comments: