Friday, May 1, 2015

Dick's Sporting Disappointment

There has been some local unrest in the big city to the North. That was a wake up call for me. Mobs were rioting and looting. Time to weapon up. I always wanted to get some guns to prepare for the apocalypse. Well the time is now.

I got in touch with a friend of mine who is already locked and loaded. He recommended a gun shop in the greater metropolitan area. He also thought Dick's Sporting Goods might be a place to check out. I was excited because there is a Dick's about 20 minutes away from the house.

Today I went to lunch close to Dick's. Then I went to the store. It had a weird graphic on the front doors. Okay. I then proceeded inside and did not see any associates around. I headed towards the back, aiming for the outdoors area.

I found an employee in the shoes section. He told me that Dick's does sell guns, but just not at that location. Darn the luck. Well I guess I will forget Dick's. The guy there thought I might be able to find a limited selection at Walmart. Nope. My next stop will be a dedicated gun store.

My plan is to get my feet wet by purchasing a 22 caliber revolver. Want to get a good name manufacturer like Smith and Wesson. Before the purchase, I will make sure ammo is easily purchased for a reasonable price. Then I will find out what it takes to buy a gun in my state. I will also need to find a shooting range for target practice.

No comments: