Sunday, May 17, 2015

Dishwasher Blues

Kit Kat and Little Kat informed me that we needed a new dishwasher. They had tried to replace the top rack that kept falling out. It was no longer replaceable. The bottom rack was fine. Previously we had trouble with the bottom rack. But I ordered a new one.

I don't like getting new dishwashers because our floor is uneven below the dishwasher. Regular installers from the store cannot get the dishwasher installed right. So this is a big affair. Me and the kids ordered a new dishwasher a week ago. When I called the warehouse before going to pick it up, I was informed there was a delay.

The kids and I went to the store, cancelled our old order, and purchased another dishwasher they had in stock, I go to pick the thing up from the warehouse tomorrow. Then I will get my handyman team to install it. I trust their work. They will take the time to get the job done right. They have no incentive to do a rush job. They bill me whatever it costs to accommodate the weird floor.

Let's hope we can get a dishwasher to last us another five years or so. We put the dishwasher through some tough times. We normally run it twice a day. These things are not built to last forever. Some day maybe we will remodel the kitchen, tear everything up, and install a level floor throughout.

No comments: