Monday, May 4, 2015

Return of the Birds

Some birds had made a nest on top of our window unit air conditioner outside the bedroom. This was disturbing as they made a lot of noise when I was trying to sleep. I put up the ladder, removed the nest, and hoped they would go away.

Nope. The birds returned and made a new nest. I guess the top of the air conditioner is just too tempting for these birds. It was time to get serious. I figured I could take away the space above the A/C. That should do the trick.

I climbed up the ladder again. Removed the second nest. Then I measured the space above the A/C. I came back down, grabbed a white bankers box, and started cutting. I created a custom sized box that would fit exactly above the A/C unit. It was sized to be a snug fit.

So I covered the box with a white trash bag to keep the water out. Then I climbed up the ladder for hopefully the final time. I wedged that bankers box above the A/C and kept my fingers crossed. Go away birds.

No comments: