Thursday, May 7, 2015

Prep Purchases

I continue to purchase items that will help us out when the apocalyse happens. My recent purchase online impressed me. The guy who packed my shipment included his business card. Looked like he signed it. Way to make me feel like you stand behind your work.

The most interesting items I bought were gas masks. You never know when you need to go outside when there are nuclear, chemical, or biological particles in the air. These masks look ominous. They are also hard to figure out. I got to get these things set up so we can grab them and put them on. You usually need to attach the breathing filter, which is not always a simple task.

I also bought and tested out a door alarm. It sits at the foot of the door. When triggered, it lets out a shrill sound to wake you up. Got a five gallon water container. I also tried a light weight sleeping bag. It is supposed to keep your heat inside the bag, and the water out. At first I was skeptical. It seemed like a big tin foil bag. But I tried it out and I felt warm in it.

Of course I also loaded up on some knives and swords. Knives can be concealed and pack a punch. The swords can be carried to make you look like a ninja. Sometimes just the threat of the sword may cause perpetrators to back off. For any other fools that decide to come close, I plan to purchase some guns and ammo.

No comments: