Sunday, May 3, 2015

Double Crossed

I used to work out of my dad's basement a lot. This was so I could be close to dad since he is alone during the day. So I brought my old computer and set it up in my dad's basement. Normally I just used my work computer at dad's. However sometimes I needed to do some personal stuff.

Turns out I do a bit of printing on my home computer. Since printers are cheap, I bought a deskjet printer to keep at dad's house. It also helps my brother who recently bought a laptop. My brother told me the ink cartridge was getting low. No problem. I got on Amazon and ordered two replacement cartridges.

I am enrolled in Amazon Prime. Therefore I chose free two day shipping. The ink took five days to get here. WTF? This messed up my plans to bring the cartridges over to my dad's house this weekend. What is a guy to do? At first I thought I would leave some bad feedback for this seller on Amazon. I might still do that. However that only helps other buys to steer clear from this seller. It does not help me.

Amazon makes it hard to get in touch with them. I tried to select my order and log a problem. However Amazon kept giving me an error. That's okay. I am persistent. I just created up a problem unrelated to my order and got Amazon on the phone. They transferred me to the right department. My problem is that I have already paid for a yearly subscription to Amazon Prime. So it is not like I paid a separate shipping charge for this order.

The Amazon rep said their standard practice to compensate Prime members for late shipments is to extend the membership an extra month at no charge. Sounds good to me. That's like an eight dollar value. It is a little bit less for me since I pay for Student Prime. But I am satisfied. These days it seems easy to complain. Looks like you only need to get through to customer service at the good companies.

No comments: