Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cold Times

Momoko complained this afternoon that she was cold. This happens every day. However I also felt extra chilly. Checking the thermostat, it read 60 degrees. Ouch. We have the heat set much higher than that.

Some searching exposed the air conditioning was on. That must have confused the furnace. But turning off the air conditioning did not fix the problem. I was thinking about calling the HVAC guys tomorrow. But it was getting just too cold.

I tried out a new HVAC company. They came real quick and figured out the problem. Bad news. It was going to run us $689. But hey, we need to stay warm. When they were done, they presented me with a bill for $815. WTF? They tried to add on a service charge and some tax. I refused the service charge. They did not mention this when they gave me the total estimate. However they would not budge on the tax. I am happy they fixed my heat. But I probably won't be using these bait and switch guys again.

No comments: