Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Fall of PetFail

Today Little Kat and I delivered the school gerbils to Momoko's classroom. We also brought the one school goldfish. Momoko asked us to buy some additional fish for the school tank.

First we had to get some lunch. Little Kat wanted subs. We visited a sub and both got Italian subs. Little Kat got the works on it. I added selective toppings. For some reason, I was very thirsty. The all you can drink fountain soda came in handy.

Then we visited Petco to buy the goldfish. One employee was helping another customer. I found it odd that the custonmer asked for some type of frog fish, and the employee answered that the customer did not want that. WTF? The customer just asked for it. Then the employee helped another customer for what seemed forever.

When the Petco employee came to us, I showed him the goldfish we wanted. I was shocked to find he would not sell us the fish. He said our fish tank was too small. Again. WTF? The guy was arrogant, as if he was some righteous animal advocate. At first I thought this was a scam to get us to buy an expensive big fish tank.

Little Kat and I got the heck out of there. We proceeded to Pet Smart. The employee there advised us to the fish tank requirements when the fish grew to full size. Then she proceeded to sell us the fish. Guess which company will get all our follow on business? It will not be PetFail, I mean Petco. Heheh.

No comments: