Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Student Orientation

This semester I am switching to a new community college. The old one kept cancelling courses on me. Today I went to the new student orientation of my new college. They told me to get there early. So I did. I found the secret back entrance to the college.

Somehow I think I have been to this college before. It must have been some meeting 15 or 20 years ago. Today I found the registration area. It was too early when I arrived. Then they started handing out registration materials. I got in line. But when I got to the front, they said they were halting registration. Huh?

I took the opportunity to go get a student ID and parking pass. Then I dropped by the bookstore. My one book cost over $100. Ouch. Luckily my company is paying for the book. The general orientation session was okay. Our student government president was a poor public speaker. We then went to breakout sessions for our major.

I went to the Computer Science small group discussion. Most other people there were comp sci majors. Some of them wanted to focus on games. Later I went to a session covering online services. I won a thermos bottle by answering the quiz questions the fastest.

No comments: