Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shake Shake Shake

I was in the office after lunch talking with my coworker. Then the building started to shake bad. We are on the top floor of the building. I took a look down the hall and saw everyone coming out of their office. The shaking stopped. I ran back into my office, pulled my computers out of the wall, and hurried to the stairwell leading down.

Everyone else was doing the same as me. There were many people on the stairwell. We were backed up all the way up to the 4th floor. I was thinking that these people had better move before we get an aftershock or another earthquake. Eventually I got to the bottom. The guy in my office asked me to wait for him outside so he could make sure I made it out alive. Silly guy. I told him to hurry down and worry about everyone else later.

Most people were just standing around outside the building. I got in my car and headed home. I thought about whether I should chance it and drive on the highway. Fate made the decision for me. It was early, but the highway was all backed up. I took the back roads home. There were not many signs of the earthquake at home. Some thing that were standing up fell down in the house. No real damage was done. I waited for the rest of the family to get home to see how they fared during the 5.9 Richter scale earthquake.

No comments: