Wednesday, August 10, 2011

False Start

I finally got a permit for our new driveway. It was an additional driveway lane that leads to a wide parking pad. I had to put up a $2000 bond for the changes to the county curb.

My contractor came out and did some recalculations based on the new stuff. The price estimate went from $3500 to almost $7000. We need this driveway. So I told him to go ahead and do it. He had the foreman come out and look at the job. Last night the foreman returned to go over the final details.

The foreman was more exact that the estimate guy. After he marked off where the actual driveway would go, I found that there was not enough room to turn into the wide parking pad. There was no way to make the design of the existing permit to work. This means I need to return to the dreaded permit office to make some modifications. Unlucky me.

No comments: