Saturday, January 21, 2012

Prepared for Snow and Ice

Last night the weatherman called for snow and ice. By the time we went to sleep, my car was covered with snow tonight. Momoko thought it would be warm enough today to melt everything. Nope. So when I woke up, we got the family up for ice duty.

The big driveway was covered with a sheet of ice. It was thicker on the new part of the driveway. Kit Kat and Little Kat spread rock salt all over the huge driveway. I was prepared. I had around 6 big bags of rock salt. After about 30 minutes, the salt had done some work on the ice. It turned a different color. The rock salt penetrated through to weaken it.

Little Kat broke out a shovel and started scraping off the ice. I joined him with our big shovel. A new neighbor came over begging to borrow a snow shovel. We are prepared. I think we have 6 or more snow shovels. We loaned him two. Kit Kat and Momoko joined Little Kat and I in scraping up all the ice. Now the driveway looks like a rain had come by. No evidence of snow or ice.

Little Kat and I waited for our neighbor to finish his work. Then he and his son came over to return our shovels. His son was very shy and hid behind his dad. After we came in, Kit Kat cooked us all fried egg sandwiches. Very efficient.

No comments: