Monday, June 10, 2013

Away From Home +1

Yesterday I went out to secure the final rain gutter on the house. Of course it was up on the second story. The kids were asleep from staying up all Saturday night. So I got Momoko to hold the ladder. Goog thing we took care of that. Big rains fell down.

After dinner, in the middle of a rain storm, I went to my Mom's house. My family is going to talk with a doctor tomorrow morning about some experimental drugs. Doc said to bring the family. I figured I better spend the night to avoid the rush hour drive.

I made to to mom's house. Had to navigate down the one lane road she lives on. It was difficult to find a single parking space there. Everyone seemed almost ready for bed when I arrived. They pulled out a sofa bed for me to sleep on. My bro needed to adjust my mom's breathing machine, which makes a loud hissing sound.

I fall asleep sleep in a room that used to be my brother's. It has since been converted into my Dad's study. There are a lot of family pictures on the walls. Feels like too much furniture has been moved into the room. There is no Wifi I the house. The air conditioner blows cold air though.

No comments: