Monday, June 17, 2013

Working for Deals


I got an ad in the mail. A local furniture store is having some super deals this week. They are celebrating their anniversary. I am always on the lookout for a deal. These deals were so good that I figured I better size up the place before the sale starts.

Looked on their web site for more details. Apparently you need to be a member of their family program to qualify for the deals. Also the deals are spread throughout the week. The desk goes on sale Tuesday. I took a drive down today to scope things out.

The place was pretty crowded. I asked the information booth for some help. They were not all that helpful. Well that's fine by me. You got to fight for the best deals. I just made a note to myself that I will probably not return to buy stuff at full price.

I filled out an application to be a member of their family. Then I found the place where they store the desks. There were none there. WTF? I asked a guy in the warehouse section whether they will have any tomorrow. He said yes. I picked up some low cost candle holders. Did not need them. But I wanted to test out whether my new family member card would work. It did.

Back at home I cleared out the bed of my truck. Made sure I have my family card for the store. Set my alarm so I can be at the store when it opens. I will get these desks if at all possible. They retail for $99. Tomorrow they are on sale for $10. There is a limit of two desks per customer. I will be getting two. It just so happens that I need a sturdy desk for my study.

No comments: