Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bath tub plans +1


My Volkswagen Beetle is still in the shop. My mechanic has found two problems already. But the battery keeps getting drained overnight. He is trying to call in a friend of a friend that is a Volkswagon technician. They seem to have found a part that is bad. But it is expensive. They want to make sure replacing it will solve all my problems.

If we cannot get the Beetle fixed, I plan to buy a new manual transmission car to replace it. If we can get the Beetle fixed, I plan to put in a new bath tub in our basement bathroom. The existing bathroom is just a powder room with nasty colors. I want to expand it with a large jetted tub. There is a new type of tub that just blows hot air into it. That is optimal because when the bath is donem, you can turn on the jets and dry up all the water. I want to prevent anything nasty from building up in the jets.

Momoko wants a tub that is wide. I think we can fit up to a 42 inch wide tub in there. Little Kat and I want a tub that is long. We might go for 6 feet long. Kit Kat wants a deep tub. Not sure if we can, but we might try to squeeze a 24 inch high tub in there. The main concern with the dimensions is whether the tub can fit in through the house down to the basement.

Today I put the finishing touches on a model of the tub. Bought some cheap wood. Mocked up a 6 foot by 42 inch by 23 inch box made of wood. Next we will probably need to clear a path through the house to the basement bathroom. Then Kit Kat and I will pretend like we are the tub delivery folks. If we can get this thing down into the basement, the dimensions will be a go. Then we just need that Beetle fixed up and we will be good to go.

No comments: