Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Paint Color Choice +1


Recently we had the handyman replace all our toilet paper holders. We found a new design that let's you easily change the roll when it runs out. This worked out pretty good. But the basement bathroom had a large holder that was installed before the bathroom was painted. When the holder came off, the prior red paint color was exposed. Painful to look at.

I tried to take a picture of the existing wall colors, and match the color at the hardware store. No luck. It was just too hard to get a feel for the actual color from just a cell phone picture. So I grabbed a bunch of color sheets from the store. Found a color that seemed to match. I only needed to paint a small toilet paper holder square. Therefore I bought a sample (half pint) size of the paint.

I taped up everything and put a coat on. The red underneath still showed through. I knew I would need a second coat. At first I was worried that the color match was not close enough. The paint matched better once it dried. Today I put that second coat on. Every time I go by the bathroom, I take a peek ay my handywork.

I did not have to do a professional job. We plan to eventually change the color of the walls in the bathroom. Just needed something passable so I did not need to stare at that nasty red wall.

No comments: