Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Yard Beckons


I finally got around to cutting the grass this Wednesday. Before the trim, I put some Weed and Feed over the areas that still had clovers. Then I cut the front and back yards. The weather was hot and humid. By the time I got close to finishing the back yard, I was exhausted. I knew I was in trouble when I had trouble lifting my arms to bag the grass. I kept well hydrated the entire time I was outside. But sometimes the work and heat will knock you down.

Good thing I got busy cutting grass when I did. A storm came by afterwards. I bet with all the water, the grass will be growing again. I thought the grass would be less maintenance during the summer. The storm was a big one. It knocked many branches off the trees. Some of these branches were huge. I call them more tree trunks than branches. I picked up all the sticks today. Took a few hours and filled a couple of my largest trash cans.

Luckily the county comes and picks up sticks. However they need to be less than 4 feet long and maybe an inch thick. So I chopped up the larger branches and plan to pitch them in the trash. I slip a bunch of them in every trash bag we send out. Will get rid of them eventually. Still need to cut up a few of the biggest branches that fell. I will be glad when the county comes and collects the branches I have put in the cans.

No comments: