Saturday, May 24, 2014

100% Success

Little Kat took the Linksys router I gave him. He attached the super antennas to the back for alleged better WiFi signal. Then I guess he stopped to get something to eat. I quizzed him on his progress. Specifically I asked him whether he could print wirelessly to our three printers. He told me he was having problems. I told him to get busy.

Little Kat decided to reconfigure the Wireless router. This time around, he asked me some very basic questions like what was the communication protocal and which security mode was being used. How the heck did he get through this the first time without knowing the answers? He also did not know the usernames and passwords to configure the printers.

Later I quizzed Little Kat on his progress. He tried to give a long answer. I made it easy for him. I asked him how many of three printers were working. He said two were working, and the third had a wireless problem. He tried to blame the problem on the hardware. Luckily I had printed to that printer recently. The hardware was fine.

Little Kat tried to tell me he had no time to talk because he needed to go to a movie. I have experienced such failure in the past, with Little Kat running out and having fun while business was not done. Well I had to call a family meeting. The result was that the movies had to be postponed. Little Kat ended up getting all printers working. We documented the answers to the questions he had, as well as all printer passwords on some cheat sheets.

Come on Little Kat. When you take on a job, you must see it through to the end 100 percent!

No comments: