Saturday, May 3, 2014

Working at Dad's

I work from home for a living. No I do not run my own company. I work for a company. They just let me telecommute almost every day. That means I can wake up at 8:45 am, run down to the basement, and be online and working by 9:00 am.

Recently I started working a few days a week from my dad's basement. Dad is a bit lonely in the mornings when my brother goes to work. So I swing by his house in the morning. We usually chat before work, then he goes out and runs his errands.

Dad and I eay lunch together when I come over. I buy lunch from a pizza shop at the bottom of the hill of my dad's neighborhood. The pizza place is strange in that they only accept cash as payment. Weird.

I am starting to take over my dad's basement room. It is mostly used as storage right now. I am finding a lot of familiar items down there. There is the computer desk that I learned programming on. Then I see my wooden desk I used to study on. Today I spotted my high school textbooks on the shelf.

No comments: