Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Days Gone By

My cousin from my mom's side of the family is planning a visit this summer. She is going to be staying with my dad and brother. But I think I will be seeing a lot of her when she comes over. She is the only one from my mom's side of the family that I still keep in touch with.

My cousin sent me some pictures of when I visited her, her mom, and grandma a long time ago. I don't remember anything about the trip. I was just a toddler. I was surprised to see how young both my mom and grandmother looked in the pictures.

Another strange thing about the pictures was that my aunt, uncle, and cousins were there too. I don't have any connection to that side of the family any more. My mom did not talk about them very much. I got the impression that they were wealthy. But that's about it. Weird.

I also was amused that I looked a lot like my little brother when I was younger. In fact, at first I thought the pictures from my cousin were pictures of my little brother. But they could not be. They were taken so long ago that my brother was not even born yet.

No comments: