Saturday, May 24, 2014

Old School

I went over to my dad's house today as I usually do on Fridays. I work out of his basement. That is the beauty of telecommuting. I can pretty much work from anywhere that has an Internet connection. I had an early afternoon meeting. So I only had time to go to McDonald's for lunch. That's okay. Dad like eating their french fries. I also had a coupon to get a free Quarter Pounder.

Parking is terrible on my dad's street. My brother calls me when he is coming home from work. Then I pack up my computer, and jump in the car to vacate my brother's parking space. Normally I go straight home from dad's. But today I was meeting a friend from college to work on a programming project for the summer.

I was a bit early because my brother came home early from work. I arrived at the meeting place 30 minutes before the scheduled time. I figured I should fill up my gas tank. Played with my GPS until it showed the local gas stations. Hey. It displayed one that was across the street from my old college. I went by for old times sake.

Turns out the gas station was a rip off. They charged four bucks for gas. Last time I go there to fill up. I did drive by the college. Went into the parking lot of the building where I took most of my classes. Then I headed back to the library. Traffic was picking up. Got there just in time to meet my friend.

No comments: