Saturday, May 10, 2014

Meeting of Friends

Kit Kat and I had seen some new cars this weekend. The time flew. I was scheduled to be home to have some friends come over. So we booked home. Luckily the friends were a little late. Whew.

My brother arrived first. Then my friend from my last college came. I asked her to bring one of her sisters that I had never met. After introductions were made all around, we went to the store. My friend chose Safeway. Perhaps it was for the fresh ingredients.

We picked up all kinds of raw material at the grocery store. My friend was going to make me some chicken parmesan and New England clam chowder. Her sister helped her cook. Their cooking took a few hours. It is tough when you prepare meals from scratch.

Finally the dinner was ready. Momoko and the kids joined us to form a line to get our food. There were so many people that the kids had to eat out in the living room. We got to know my friend's little sister a bit. It was all over so fast.

The kids did a good job of cleaning the kitchen afterwards. We have taught them well.

No comments: