Saturday, August 16, 2014

Air Conditioning Trouble

I noticed water coming out the side of the air conditioning blower in the basement. Recently I changed the disposable filter. I wondered if this problem was a result of that. I had jammed extra cardboard into the space to force all the air to go through the filter.

Our unit has an electronic filter. But that filter is really hard to clean. So I pulled out the big metal blades and replaced them with a normal disposable filter. The filter really does not fit the electronic space. That's why I tried to jam some cardboard in there to make it fit.

Yesterday I scheduled an A/C guy to come out and look at our problem. Since I requested next day service, they could not say when exactly the guy would come out. Therefore I had to wake up early Saturday and man the phones. The A/C guy will call before he comes over. If nobody answers, he skips our house.

Normally I like to sleep into until noon on Saturday. Not today. I usually also do a lot of things on Saturdays. Now I need to get someone to stand in for me to man the phones while I am out. Hey. I guess cool air all summer is worth one days of hanging by the phone.

No comments: