Monday, August 11, 2014

Car Shopping and Surprises

Little Kat is getting closer to getting his driver's license. Momoko bought a car for Kit Kat a few years ago. But she can't buy one for Little Kat. So I figured I would let Little Kat drive my old Scion xB. I don't drive it any more. The only reason I did not sell it already is that it would be a good car for Little Kat.

Now Little Kat said he does not like the look of the car. I told him I did not have any particular ties to the car. It served its purpose. I might just get another car for Little Kat. The only question is whether to buy new or used.

Little Kat would like to maximize the options on the car. He thinks he can get more bang for my buck with a used car. He has his eyes on a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. I am not totally sure but I think that is the car that eventually became what is known as the Lincoln MKZ today.

My last couple used cars that I purchased were lemons. Some I knew were bad, and I hoped my mechanic could repair them. No such luck. I don't want to buy another junker. But I think I might go for buying a slightly used car from a reputable (Japanese) manufacturer.

There is no hurry. Little Kat does not have his license yet. And my insurance company said it would cost a fortune each year to insure the little guy. Still I need to make the final decision here. Good look to us.

No comments: