Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Vanity Fail

Momoko needed a vanity to be the finishing touch to her new improved study. I am talking about the vanity that you put your makeup on in front of. She located an online store based out of California to sell us one. The price was inexpensive. We were hoping for a good deal.

The vanity arrived on schedule. The delivery guy tried to give me a package for the next street over instead of my vanity. Good thing I opened the box up before I signed for it. Everything inside was in working order. It was just missing the mirror.

I called up the company. They said there was no place in the text description of the item that mentioned a mirror. Yeah. But they have a big picture of the vanity with mirror right on the order page. I told them I needed this thing returned. They wanted to pay for the return shipping, as well as to pay for the initial free shipping that got it to our house.

What a crock. This is a scammy company if I ever heard one. Their customer service sucked too. I just kept calling them and telling them I wanted to speak with managers. If I could have, I would have reversed the charges on my credit card and stuck them with an unpaid bill.

In the end, the company agreed to send me the mirror. Of course they screwed that delivery up a few times too. But I was on their case. I built the vanity for Momoko this week. Then I spied two warnings on the back of the vanity and mirror: "This furniture is known to cause cancer." WTF???

I told Momoko this was not worth it. I am not going to even return this cancer causing furniture. Instead I did what I should have done in the first place. I ordered a vanity from Amazon. They know how to treat the customer right.

No comments: