Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Last Minute School Prep

Momoko informed me that Little Kat needed a new hoodie for school. This is a bit late. Little Kat and I spent a few weeks purchasing clothes for the start of school. I ended up cutting my brother's weekly visit short so Little Kat and I could go shopping.

We were going to go to Walmart, where I like the low prices. Little Kat said he preferred Target. He drove us to the local Target. We found a hoodie that he liked. It was gray and black. On the way back home, I screamed for Little Kat to stop the car. He was headed straight or another car that had the right of way. Little Kat was slow to stop. We almost bit it.

Momoko also found out late that Little Kat wanted a new type of backpack. In fact, he wanted a messenger bag. He searched and chose what he called the largest messenger back available on Amazon. It got delivered the day before school started. Unfortuantely it was a tiny bag. I call it a satchel. It is the same size as a medium woman's purse.

Yesterday I went down the list of action items for Little Kat to get ready for school. I told him to put his ID and laniard by his bag. Little Kat assured me he could hang it on his door. He explained that it was his natural routine to take it off the door when he got dressed each morning. Of course the slacker forget his ID today. Next time I will make sure Little Kat does what I say. Time to stop entertaining ideas from the cheap seats.

No comments: