Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Guitar Hero

I have been woring with a friend from school all summer to produce a video game. Well it is just a retro arcade game from the eighties. But there was value in developing it. To celebrate, I asked my friend to come over my house. She came this weekend with her sister.

My brother always comes over my house on the weekends. So the four of us (my brother, my friend, and her sister) went to pick up some take up. We used the GPS to find a Filipino store close to Momoko's school. Turns out it is located next door to the karate dojo that Kit Kat and Little Kat attended when they were young.

We brought a couple dishes home. Some foods were tame like an Asian pasta. Other foods were weird like the one that is called blood. I skipped that one. Then there were an assortment of weird desserts. I tried a few of them. None were as delicious as the Chinese doughnuts I love to eat.

After dinner, my friend broke out her guitar. She had metioned going to the guitar store to buy a new one. I thought she meant an acoustic guitar. Nope. She produced an eletric one complete with amplifier. I made her take it downstairs so she would not blow out our gerbils on the main level.

My friend had a whole song book for me to choose from. I opted for the old school "All Out of Love" by Air Supply. I also chose some other pop song by Avril Lavigne. My friend's sister strung the guitar and tuned it. I did not expect much, but my friend was actually pretty good at guitar.

No comments: