Saturday, August 30, 2014

Checking out the Lake

I wanted to go bike riding with my friend. So we decided to meet half way between both our houses at the lake. To tell the truth, I had not been to the lake in about 20 years. Momoko said it was still there. In fact, the area around it was built up some more.

Little Kat and I scoped the place out today. I packed my truck up with two bikes. Gave Little Kat the directions and he navigated me to the lake. As we approached the lake town, Little Kat declared that the place did not look too good.

Sure. We had to cross an industrial area to get to the lake. And the lake is in an old part of town. Things were looking up as soon as we rode our bikes out of the parking lot and past the gated entrance to the lake.

I felt the burn in my legs as we rode up a long hill beside the lake. Little Kat complained. We passed a walked and then Little Kat said we should take a break. I was disappointed that we lost momentum. But I gave in. Eventually the walker started to catch up with us. Time to get back to moving.

Half way down the lake, we rode across a bridge as a short cut to the other side. Luckily the path did not have much of an incline over on the other side. We rode back to the car and packed up. This was just a scouting mission.

Little Kat kept talking about restaurants where he could get a big drink on the way home. He helped me scope out the lake. So I stopped by McDonald's to get him a large sweet tea. It was only a dollar. I wonder how my next trip to the lake will go.

No comments: