Thursday, August 28, 2014

Lot on my Mind

This morning I came out and found the trash cans put away. I figured Kit Kat got up early and brought the cans back in from the curb. Good for her. Something was bugging me though. Something in the back of my mind. I inspected the trash cans and found them still full of trash.

Then I figured it out. I must not have even put the cans out on the curb the night before. That is not like me. We have lived in the house 10 years or so. I don't think I have ever missed a trash day. This is a reflection on my state of mind this week, or more specifically yesterday.

Yesterday I was trying to finish up a big job at work. Lot of details to attend to. I also mowed the lawn at lunch. That was taxing because it was hot outside. Then after work I ran to night school, where I spent a few hours in class. This was the first day of the fall semester. The class ran late. Guess with all the commotion I forgot to take out the trash.

No harm. The trash is collected twice a week here. I think I just need a mental break to get my mind and life back on track. Vacation time maybe?

No comments: