Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Virus++

So I have at least one virus left on my machine that is hard to beat. It keeps launching Internet Explorer in hidden mode. I see the process in Task Manager. It must be some type of click fraud.

I want to battle this virus. However I can't figure out how it is running. I don't see any other evil processes in Task Manager. It seems tied to Explorer.

It is time to get hard core on this virus. I have a dangerous plan. I search the Windows and System32 directories for recent files. I back up my data and delete the new files.

After I reboot, I cannot log into Windows. I try to recover using a boot disk. It is no use. I have fried my system. Luckily I did a backup. To completely get rid of the virus I restored my system back to its original state. Now I got Mcafee running to prevent new viruses from coming in.

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Good thing you know all about computers or you would have been in real trouble. Super computer guy to the rescue.