Monday, September 12, 2011

Yard Maintenance Day

Normally I spend Sundays cutting the grass. But I had a long list of other items to take care of today. I started by working on my car. There were some pieces of plastic hanging down under my car. I used some string and duct tape to secure those pieces to the car. Next I went to the front garden and secured Kit Kat's rose bush. It has been falling over during storms. I staked the thing down with three small stakes. If that does not work, we are going to need to seriously trim this bush.

After that, I worked on the latch to the gate separating the front and back yards. The concrete guys took off the gate to pour the new driveway concrete. When they put it back, the latch would not close correctly. I moved the latch to a new location on the gate. Secured the thing with four little screws. It works like a charm now.

My main chore this day was to deal with some of the erosion in the back yard. I set up a water collector in the ground made of crushed rock. I funneled this to a new PVC pipe in the ground that diverts the water to the bottom of the hill. I reinforced the sides of the pipe with lumber to keep it strong.

No comments: