Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dusting of Snow

Momoko woke me up this morning, saying that she and Little Kat had a two hour delay for school. I peeked outside the window and saw snow on the ground. Eventually I got up and got to work. At lunch I surveyed the snow. It was on my car. It also covered the whole driveway.

I figured this was time to test out the snow blower I bought. First I had to figure out how to start the thing. You need to push in the secret key, press the start button, and pull up the safety bar. The machine does not start if you do not follow that order.

This is an electric snow blower. It was hard to manage the extension cord behind the machine. The cord kept getting unplugged. I had to worry about running over the cord when I pulled the machine backwards.

There were some other difficulties. The machine does not throw the snow far. So I had to go over some areas multiple times as the blower recovered areas already clean with new snow. The blower tube got clogged a couple times as well.

I finished up the driveway with a heavy shovel. That was harder than using the snow blower. But not much more difficult. Perhaps I will get a better understanding of the benefits of the blower when we have deeper snow.

After clearing most of the driveway, I cleared off my car. I tried to open the hash back to access the snow scraper in the back of the car. My handle came off the hactch back. Fail. Guess I need to visit the dealership to get this repaired.

No comments: