Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Delayed Open

Momoko and Little Kat's schools were opening two hours late this morning due to icy road conditions. They slept in a bit more because of this. Turns out Kit Kat's college also opened two hours late. This was on her first day of the semester. In college, if the school opens late, any class scheduled before the delayed openiung is cancelled. That happened to Kit Kat's first class.

Me I just walked down to the basement as usual for work today. At lunch, I spread some rock salt on the icy parts of the driveway. I also went to Lowes to pick up some more rock salt. I found some "ice melt" bags there. I asked a lady who worked at the store if they had any rock salt. She just pointed to the icy melt bags. So I picked up two small bags of it.

Momoko was supposed to pick us up some dinner tonight. However she worked late and was not feeling well. So Little Kat got on the horn and called in a Chinese food order for us. I drove to the restaurant to pick it up. Had to bring along Kit Kat to hold the food while I drive. Normally I just stuff the bags in my trunk. But my trunk handle is broken. That's okay. Kit Kat holding the bags works just as well.

Tomorrow I need to drive to the customer's office building. There is an in person meeting I must attend. Great. I just hope there are no more icy roads. I have to leave early in the morning to beat rush hour and get a spot in the visitor parking lot. The good news is that the cafeteria in the customer's building is pretty good. I plan to start the day off with an omlet cooked to order there. I can almost taste it already.

No comments: