Sunday, January 6, 2013

Overwhelmed

Little Kat came home Friday afternoon and reported that he had a lot of homework. I told him to sit down next to my in my study and get to work. I had to go out to dinner with a friend of mine. So I left Little Kat there working a few hours later.

The next morning, I woke up late and found I was the first up. I woke Momoko up, and she got Little Kat. We had planned to go to lunch together. So we dined at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Later that night, Momoko said we needed to have an emergency discussion about Little Kat's lack of progress.

The family went through Little Kat's list of tasks. He was behind. Apparently he was getting distracted on non-essential tasks. We had him work a few more hours. Then he was to wake up early the next day to get to work.

All this weekend we decided to purchase take out to make sure Little Kat did not spend hours cooking for us. This will continue througout the week. Next I will have to help Little Kat with his science fair project. He has wood that needs to be chopped up. I can add another arm sawing the wood. Momoko usually brings Little Kat along on her shopping trips. Now she must forge ahead alone.

One thing is for sure. Without Momoko and I pitching in, keeping Little Kat on task, forcing him to continue working, none of his work would get done. We got a long way to go before Little Kat is self sufficient.

No comments: