Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Sleep Over

Little Kat was scheduled to sleep over his friend's house on Friday night. Mommoko said she would be working late. So she asked me to remind Little Kat to complte his chores before going to his friend's house. I heard Little Kat come home from school on time. 30 minutes later, I had not seen the boy. I informed him that he needed to finish up his chores. He came down a bit later and said he was done.

I had Little Kat bring me his chore list. There was laundry on the list. I know he did not do his laundry. He told me he thought he could skip that because it took so long. I had him call Momoko to confirm. Then Little Kat was dismissed. He planned to get a ride from his friend. Momoko and I were too busy to drive him anywhere. I continued on with my work from home.

I heard somebody banging on the side door. At first I thought it might be a delivery guy. They usually drop a package off and knock in the door. I came upstairs to find Little Kat's friend knocking on the door. That was strange. I thought Little Kat had left already. I invited the friend in. We went looking for Little Kat, and found him playing with the gerbils. Slacker cannot even open the door when his friend visits.

Momoko eventually came home and we went out for a really late dinner. She called up Little Kat to make sure he would come home the next day in time to conduct his science fair experiment. Little Kat agreed to be prompt.

No comments: