Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MLK Day

Momoko and the kids were off for Martin Luther King holiday. Unfortunately I had to go to work. Well I just went down into the basement. But I worked a full day. Sometimes during government holidays I can take it easy, even though I am supposed to work. Not this time around. I actually had a lot of work to complte on Monday.

The kids had scheduled to go grocery shopping since they postponed their Sunday shopping work. They also planned to do some family cleaning a day earlier than normal. Their cleaning task was to take down the remaining Christmas items. There were lights outside on the rain gutter and in the bushes. There was also a Christmas tree and train tracks to put away.

Basically the kids had a lot of work to do. Since I was the only one who had work, I was the only one who woke up in the morning. Momoko said she woke up before noon. However I did not see her until the afternoon. The kids took their time doing their jobs. They were still working on them when I finished work for the day.

Momoko said if the kids could finish their work, she would take them to the movie. The kids did not understand that they needed to get their work done before the evening. Momoko was not going to the movies at night on a school night. Oh well. Better luck next time kids.

No comments: