Thursday, January 10, 2013

Off Task

Little Kat has his big English paper due tomorrow. Momoko already knew she was going to work late this afternoon. So she asked me to make sure that Little Kat got straight to work when he came home. I kept an ear out. Little Kat came home on time. However 45 minutes later, I had not seen the boy.

I came upstairs looking for Little Kat. He was in the living room with all the lights out. I asked what the heck he was doing. He said he was eating a snack. I knew we were in trouble. I reminded him that he needed to show significant progress on his English paper before Momoko came home.

Little Kat was not going to have time to cook. Therefore I was scheduled to pick up some Popeye's chicken for dinner. I knew as soon as I left that Little Kat would be slacking off. So I told him to stop snacking and start working. I delivered dinner on time. That was good because Momoko was too busy at work for a real lunch.

After dinner, I had to take a nap. Luckily Momoko was ready to take over to monitor Little Kat. He got his paper done in time. But not without a lot of prodding from Momoko and I. This is a massive improvement over last quarter, where Little Kat did not turn in his major paper and hoped it would blow over.

No comments: