Friday, February 1, 2013

Start of School

Today was the first class of the Spring college semester for me. The class is late at night. I was a bit tired because I worked late last night. And I had to get up early to get Momoko breakfast this morning (she is sick at home).

I got to class a bit early. The prior class was still in the classroom when I arrived. I saw a guy I knew standing outside. Asked him if he was in the class. He told me he was teaching it. Woo hoo.

Previously I had gone to the college bookstore to pick up the textbook. It seemed a bit advanced. I was worried I might not be prepared to take this class. After class got started, I found out that the majority of the material would come from some other introductory textbooks. The instructor said he used his connections to get us some free copies of the texts to borrow. I am going to the school library next week to pick up my copies.

I still want to get a copy of the extra textbooks for myself. So I ordered them using Amazon. The prices are not that bad on Amazon. Plus my company picks up the bill for training expenses. It is a no lose situation.

No comments: