Thursday, February 21, 2013

In Search of Soda Cans

I had to work a little extra today to wrap up some tasks. Tonight is my school night. I like to take a quick nap before heading out to school. However I had to visit the school library before class tonight. No nap for me. Kit Kat told me Momoko needed empty soda cans for her class tomorrow. It was good I got the message. I was about to take out the trash to the curb.

I put on some latex gloves and went to work. First I spread out some old newspaper on my outdoor workbench. Then I pulled out the contents of our kitchen trash onto the newspaper. Some cash were crushed, probably from some slackers in the family that like crushing cans.

That's okay. I found five or six intact cans. I washed them in our sink and left them to dry for Momoko (who was out partying with her coworkers). I told the kids to make sure they did not throw out these soda cans. I did not go through the trash just to have someon pitch the cans back in.

At school I headed to the library. I turned in a reference book I checked out. I had my company buy me a copy. When I turned in the book, I asked for a receipt. You never know when a library error will result in a bill for you. The kid behind the library desk told me they cannot generate receipts on check in. I had the guy produce me a hand-written receipt. It is better than nothing.

No comments: