Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fat Vampire

The latest Amazon Kindle book I have read is Fat Vampire. From the title, you would think this might be a weak book. No chance. This book ruled. The main character is pathetic. And you have to love him for it. I could not put this book down. The only disappoint was that the book was short. 150 pages total.

This book was really a teaser. Fat Vampire 2 is available for a $2.99 purchase. I just wish it came in a paperback version. I don't mind shelling out some bucks for a physical book. But I had paying hard earned money for an electronic copy. The other disappointment is that the sequel is itself only around 150 pages.

The author of the book is Johnny B. Truant. This is obviously a handle. The guy has turned out over 12 books, most of which were published in the last year. Darn. It looks like he only sells eBooks. Maybe I will wait and have someone give me another one of his books for my birthday.

I thought I was gong to continue the genre by reading The Oldest Living Vampire. However some bad reviews of the book gave me pause. Instead I have moved on to Without, a story of a guy who shines during the apocalypse. Apparently he has been preparing for the end of the world for some time now.

No comments: