Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ghost Town

Today I woke up very tired. Slept 30 minutes past the alarm. Ouch. When I did wake up, I had to go straight to work without a shower. Luckily that just means I head down to the basement and log on. My boss had some emergency in the morning. Me and another senior guy figured it all out. That was a good start. Then I got some hard core coding done.

Pleased with myself, I took a shower at lunch time. By then it was getting to be the lunch rush hour time. I could not go to Arbys. The lines would be too long. Subway would probably be a madhouse too. I decided to give Dominos a try. I placed my order online for some wings and bread bites. Their chicken is delicious.

Now on the weekends, Dominos is very crowded. They are slow to fill your order on the weekends too. Today was a different story. I pulled into an empty parking lot. The front door of the stoor was open. But there was nobody there. I stood there in front of the bullet-proof glass for a while. I figured the lone dude in the store must have been taking a break.

I noticed a receipt on the glass at the bullet-proof glass window. I figured somebody must have left it behind. Finally I heard a voice say that he would be right with me. Eventually the guy came out. He told me to sign the receipt on the glass. LOL. He had been waiting for me. The food was already cooked and on the shelf for me to pick up. Looks like I made the right choice today.

No comments: