Saturday, February 16, 2013

Super Car Deal

Momoko and the kids went to the movies early this morning. I am still recovering from being sick. Plus I need to catch up on my sleep on the weekends. So I stayed at home. Eventually I got up, and went out to get some lunch. My car is in the shop. I took Momoko's car out for a spin.

At lunch I was waiting for my steak and cheese sub to be cooked. I went to the Saturday autos section. It is the best day of the week to see car ads. There was one amazing offer. A 2012 Nissan Sentra hatchback was going for $15,000. The big deal was that they were offering $5,000 on any trade in, making the final price $10,000.

The Sentra hatchback was the favorite car I saw when we were searching for a car for Kit Kat. I have been keeping my eye out for deals on them. I figure this type of vehicle may very well be my next car. We will need a car in the family when Little Kat gets his license some time in the next year. This could be the time to make that move.

I really have only one car I would be willing to trade in for $5000. That would be my pickup truck. It is old. I had it appraised at the dealer in town who offers the most for used vehicles. They offered me $1500 a while ago. There are a couple problems with trading it in. I use the truck every few weeks to haul large stuff. Plus I plan to use it to teach the kids how to drive manual transmission.

At home, I looked up the dealership that was offering the great deal. Their inventory was online. Woo hoo. They have two black Versa hatchbacks in stock. Oh no. They are both manual transmission. I knew there had to be a catch. The other catch was that they are 2012 models. It is okay if the car is a year old. But I need automatic transmission. The real surprise was that the cars were listed for a sale price of $10,000 (no trade in required).

If only these cars were automatic transmission, I would run over and write them a check today. Oh well. Got to continue keeping an eye out for great deals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost had it!
Don't worry you see a better deal sometime.

I also like to learn how to drive a manual :D

Black Cat said...

Yeah it reminds me of when I saw a new Nissan Cube advertised for $11k or $12k. I tried to call the dealership, but they would not return my call. I think they sold that car as soon as the ad hit the print.