Monday, February 18, 2013

Meet Hercules

Last week I went outside and tried to open the back gate on my car. I pulled the handle up. However the gate did not come up. Instead the handle came off the car. Oh snap. I suspect the locking mechanism was frozen or something. Great. Now I could not use my back hatch on the car.

On Friday I got a ride to the dealership to put the car in the shop. I was initially shocked when the service consultant told me she thought the part would cost around $300. She was not sure. But she wanted to prepare me. I said I needed that handle ordered and installed. When I got home, she called and said the part was on back order for 3 to 5 days.

Luckily I have another vehicle to drive. However the truck is not as fun as my car. So I end up driving Momoko's car more when she is not using it. Today I had some great news. The total bill, including labor, was $225. They also were able to get the part quickly. My car was ready today. Momoko gave me a ride to the dealership, and I picked my car back up.

It felt good to be back in my own car. Thinking back on why the handle broke in the first place, it could have been a defective part. But this thing is a Toyota. So probably not. Instead there is a theory that I have massive muscles and do no know my own strength. This is the Hercules theory. I am going with that idea. Got to be more careful or else I will be shelling out more dough to the dealership.

No comments: