Thursday, February 21, 2013

Introducing Lucky T

The family finally finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. That was some heavy stuff. It talked about "The Soul of the World". Now it is time to move onto some lighter reading. Last night the family read part of Chapter 1 from Lucky T.

Yes. Little Kat has declared this is a chick book. The main character got a T-shirt that she believes gives her outstanding luck. And wouldn't you know it? She loses the shirt in the first chapter. I have a feeling things are going to go downhill for this girl.

But how bad could it be? Will she lose her boyfriend? Will she get worse grades at school? And gasp! She might not land the leading role for the school play. Like I said. This is going to be some lighter fare than The Alchemist. There are some tough vocabulary words in this book. But that is perfect for Little Kat to be learning.

Next up we will read Warm Bodies. Little Kat is excited. Everyone in the family except me saw the movie already. This is the story about a Zombie boy that falls in love with a girl. And that love makes him return to his humanity. Sure the premise is sappy like Twilight. But if anything involves the zombie apocalype, Little Kat is in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Paulo Coelho's books :D
I've read The Alchemist too, I'm glad you and your family liked it :D
I've also read Brida, another book of him.

I think I saw the trailer of that zombie movie.
i didn't clicked for me though :P I laughed it out lol :P

Black Cat said...

Aha. If you read The Alchemist, do you now know what the Soul of the World is? Because I sure don't.

Coelho seemed to serious for me. Yeah it is deep stuff. But when I read, I like something light.