Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Return of Roys


The opened up a Roy Rogers restaurant in a new shopping center by our house. I planned to visit immediately. But the thing seems to always be crowded. Today I finally decided to charge in. I went during lunch rush hour. The place was busy. By the time I finished my lunch, people were waiting to find a table to sit down at.

Now there used to be a lot of Roy Rogers restaurants around the area. Then I thought they went out of business. Perhaps they did. But they are back. Just not in full force. This is a burger joint, kind of like McDonald's or Burger King. They also serve chicken.

There are two reasons why I love Roys. They have a "fixins" bar where you can put all kinds of toppings on your burger. And they have the best tangy BBQ sauce. I found both of these options to be intact in the new Roys. I will be returning. Roys also holds a special place in my heart because they were on and near the campus where I went to college. Ahh good times.

No comments: