Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Library Adventure

The professor for my college class added a couple books to the class. He said he had acquired multiple copies of each, and would leave them at the library for us to check out. I immediately ordered the books from Amazon. However one had not arrived. So I planned to go to the library to check out the book.

This has been a busy week at work. Had to work late every day. That's tought because I have been sick too. When work is done around 8:30 or 9:00pm, I just crawl up to bed and pass out. No time to go to the library. But hey, class must go on. So I let everyone know that I needed to take the afternoon off to deal with school. Now its not like I am taking any time off. I am working so many extra hours that this is just reclaiming a few of them.

I have never been to the library. I looked up its location online. Seems it is its own building. I was going to go to the lbirary at noon. But Momoko needed some lunch. She is sick and needs some care. So I went out and picked up some Chinese food for us. After lunch we watched some TV. Oh no. I got delayed. By the time I got back on track and on the road, it was late afternoon.

Had no problem parking in my normal lot at school. There were few people out, probably due to the cold weather. I approached the library building. A sign said that the library was on the second floor. Huh? The whole building is the library. Oh well. I climbed the stairs and found a pretty busy school library. Luckily nobody was up at the circulation desk. So I got some help immediately.

The older gentleman who helped me was surprised that I could check the book out for the whole semester. My professor set it up that way so we could have the books for the whole term. An aide put some type of barcode on the back of my school ID. Then I checked out the book.

I was about to take off when the gentleman said I had better get the book demagnetized or else the alarms would sound off when I left. The aide took the book over to the machine, but on the way back dropped the book on the head of another aide by mistake. Everyone laughed except for the poor chap who got this massive book dropped on his head.

No comments: