Monday, February 25, 2013

Work to be Done

The family woke up around noon today. Momoko and Little Kat went to pick up some Chinese food. I moved my truck out of the carport so Momoko could park there. These days I move my truck to create a space in our driveway for my brother to park when he visits.

After lunch, Kit Kat started to wake up. She got ready to go grocery shopping with Little Kat. I went upstairs to take a nap. Little Kat put our new carpet cleaner together. He left a mess of boxes in our library. However the new carpet cleaner was ready. Little Kat had been putting off his carpet cleaning work because our old machine broke down. No more excuses.

I had a bunch of work to do. Had to pay the bills and do my laundry. That includes changes the sheets on our bed. And I needed to do a lot of studying for my college class. It was all so overwhelming. Therefore I slept for a few hours. When I woke up, I went outside to put the flowers my mom had bought me into the flower boxes on our shed.

Little Kat made a chicken pot pie I found hard to eat. It was all vegetables inside. Afterwards we had our mandatory family meeting. Then I got to work on laundry and homework. There was a part of the homework that I found difficult. I was supposed to download and install this free software on my computer. I could not find it. All I could find was a trial version.

Usually I get my company to buy stuff like this software for me. But it costs $1000 a copy. That just seems too steep. For now I am using the evaluation copy. I studied late into the night. The only good news was that I had already read one of the chapters assigned for this week. Whew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that's pretty busy.

what was the software you're supposed to get?

Black Cat said...

I was supposed to find a free version of XML Spy. Yeah they have a 30 day trial version. But there used to be a totally free copy out there way back in 2006. I think they don't like to distribute that version any more.