Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dinner on the Cheap

I had to work a little late today. It is my school night. So I had to drive straight from work to school. The highway was bumper to bumper traffic. It was moving very slow. I only had time for McDonald's drive through for dinner.

My plan was to eat off the dollar menu. I got a McDouble for $1.00. Then I added a small fried for $1.00. Finally I asked for a cup of water. That is free of charge. The drive through line was slow. What was taking them so long?

When I got to the window where they give you the food, I got a bag with the burger and fried. However the dude handed me a bottle of Dasani water. I did not question it. That's a $1.29 value right there. Maybe the guy was new. Or maybe he was giving me a deal. I don't know. I did hit the gas before they asked me to pay for the water. Bank error in my favor this time.

No comments: