Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tennis Anyone

Today the family planned to go to the local park to play tennis today. I worked very hard at work to ensure I could leave on time. People did not want me to be productive. But I had to leave on time. When I got back, there was some confusion over the dinner which would take a long time to cook. After making sure I was going to leave on time from work, I was not about to postpone tennis.

We had Kit Kat put all the gym equipment in a big sports bag. She also drove us to the local park. Momoko had her drive close to the tennis courts. Ooops. The courts were taken by tennis players. Momoko wanted to kick the one dude out who was playing tennis against the wall on one court. I thought that would be bad form.

Instead we headed over to the basketball court. Little Kat shot a basket or two and was done. I tried playing basketball with our soccer ball. But I found I had no skills. We ended up playing tennis on the basketball court. Now when I say tennis, I mean we tried to hit the ball to each other and return the serves. We were not trying to make the opponent miss. We are not good enough for that.

Luckily I picked up a bunch of tennis balls on the weekend. We each loaded our pockets with tennis balls. Then we would serve. Most of the time the opponent would miss. No problem. Just pull out another ball and serve again. Repeat until you are out of balls. Then pick up all the balls that went wild. Good times. Let's keep this up family. I am game. Are you?

1 comment:

Grand Kat said...

Who was in charge of ball retrieval?